V2.4.6 - May 21, 2017
- Built-in page templates activated (only if Visual Composer not installed) : About / Contact, Gallery, Home templates
- Fix : Bug fixes for 3rd party plugin compatibilities
V2.4.5 - April 29, 2017
- Fix : Visual Composer Gallery Grid fix for hover image issue
- Fix : Issue with applying settings on Shop page
- Fix : Cover page bottom margin adjustment for Scroll BG Position option
- Fix : Woocommerce gallery for variable products
V2.4.4 - April 20, 2017
- Compatibility fix : WooCommerce V3.0.3
V2.4.3 - April 11th, 2017
- Fix : WooCommerce V3.0.1 and backwards compatibility
V2.4.2 - April 6th, 2017
IMPORTANT : If you're using WooCommerce plugin, make sure that it's updated to version 3.0+
- WooCommerce V3.0 compatibility fix
- Minor styling fix and improvements under the hood
V2.4.1 - April 4th, 2017
- New feature : Randomize option added to built-in sliders. Sliders can be managed at Slider section.
- Main navigation animation issues fixed for mobile
- Minor bug fixes under the hood
V2.4 - April 3rd, 2017
- New Feature : Masonry grid option added to single custom post Composition panel and it’s merged with Gallery option select box. Grid layout templates created with masonry can be used for displaying Composition elements through grid layout.
- New Feature : Random Image Ordering and Display Captions Visual Composer’s “Gallery Grid” element (option will appear in Gallery Grid popup)
V2.3.8 - April 1st, 2017
- Visual editor panel dropdown menu alignment fix (also applies to Visual Composer)
- Ajax navigation fix for website header
- WPML fix navigation menu
- Page settings fix for shop page
- Minor fix and improvements under the hood
V2.3.7 - March 7th, 2017
- IMPORTANT / WPML fix and improvements :
— Re-ordering update for post categories and posts. Categories can be re-ordered at Portfolio (Any Post Type) > Re-order section individually for each language. Re-order categories after updating your theme.
— Same section, posts re-ordering type (by date, title, custom) can be changed individually for each language
— Single post navigation fixes
- Category page pagination type (Northeme > Portfolio > Pagination Type) fixed to display proper pagination type according to the post type settings.
- WooCommerce variable product image fix
- RSS feed full content / summary option fix
V2.3.6 - January 26th, 2017
- Visual Composer styling fix for single post page
- Minor styling and script bug fixes under the hood
V2.3.5 - December 16th, 2016
- WooCommerce select quantity select box turned into number input (default) due to plugin incompatibilites.
- WooCommerce mini cart styling fixes
- Minor WooCommerce styling fixes
- Built-in Slider video slide sizing fix
V2.3.4 - December 12th, 2016
- Visual Composer compatibility fixes
V2.3.3 - December 7th, 2016
- Font Awesome icon fonts library updated to the latest version
- Built-in video player improved for better compatibility
- Side margins increased on mobile for better usability
- Minor styling fixes
V2.3.2 - September 21st, 2016
- Northeme > Portfolio > Lightbox Gallery option fix. If activated, ajax category navigation will be disabled
- Translation fix for custom post types. Post Type Title, Category Title can be translated via translation plugin shortcodes at Northeme > Portfolio > Slug
- Tag & Search page title fix
V2.3.1 - September 12th, 2016
V2.3 - August 18th, 2016
- Hover image improvement : Use Original Image option added to Set Featured Image panel for using GIF images on hover
- Featured image fix for WP 4.6
- Mobile image sizing fix
V2.2.9 - August 5th, 2016
V2.2.8 - August 5th, 2016
- Lightbox Gallery fix for thumbnail overlay mode
- Official sharing button fix
- Woocommerce Thank You page fix for translations
- Minor improvements under the hood
V2.2.7 - July 20th, 2016
- WooCommerce V2.6.3 fix
- Mobile social icons BG issue fixed
V2.2.6 - July 12th, 2016
- Lightbox Gallery “Title” fix. Clicking on title opens the project thumbnail in a lightbox.
- VC Single Page Posts element fix. Video and slider size rearranged to best fix for Larger View option.
V2.2.5 - June 27th, 2016
V2.2.4 - June 21st, 2016
- Minor CSS & JS fixes under the hood
- Lazyload image loading fixes
V2.2.3 - June 17th, 2016
- WooCommerce V2.6.1 fixes
- Minor styling fixes
V2.2.2 - June 7th, 2016
- Performance fix : Google Fonts selector script removed due to back-end performance issues. Instead simply type in Google Fonts name
- Lightbox selector fix
- Minor CSS fixes
V2.2.1 - May 31st, 2016
- Social links header alignment issue fixed.
- Minor tablet compatilibity fixes
- Navigation menu styling fix
V2.2 - May 30th, 2016
Please see this post for live demo and more info
- NEW FEATURE : Single page template. Can be enabled from Page Attributes when adding a new page. More info can be found at One Page theme section of theme documentation
- NEW FEATURE : New alignment options added for header. Now, logo alignment can be set as left, right or center at Northeme > Layout > Website Layout.
- NEW FEATURE : New alignment options added for footer. Footer alignment can be set as fixed to always follow. Footer and header location can beswitched.
- NEW FEATURE : Northeme Secondary Menu location has been added to Appearance > Menus. Secondary menu will appear on the right if center logo alignment activated.
- NEW FEATURE : New visual composer element Single Page Posts added. It can be used on Single Page feature activated pages in order to display posts per pages.
- NEW FEATURE : New options added to Page hero panel for posts and pages. Page hero initial height, position, opacity and other settings can be adjusted.
- NEW FEATURE : Lightgallery Lightbox Plugin added! Now Lightgallery or Magnific Popup can be used as lighbox.
- NEW FEATURE : Visual Composer Element : “HTML5 / Embed Videos” Add html5 videos or video URLs from 3rd party video providers (Vimeo, Youtube) to your page
- New options added for Lightgallery at Northeme > Lightbox Settings : Disable Zoom, Disable Counter, Disable Fullscreen, Disable Loop
- Northeme > General Settings > Page Title Separator for HTML title of built-in SEO plugin
- New navigation arrows type for sliders & galleries : Northeme > Slider & Gallery Settings > Arrow Types
- Northeme > Fonts > Font Styling > Footer Text option added for footer text styling
- Demo importer error handling scripts added
- Northeme > Fonts > Font Types > @fontface activated according to new CSS3 guidelines. Uploading .woff and .woff2 files suffice to add a new font. (it’s highly recommended to update your fonts by uploading .woff2 if you’re using @fontface)
- Social icons BG option added to Northeme > Post Sharing & Social
- Media in order to display icons over a circle BG.
- Social media icon list option added to Post Sharing to select basic social media icons from select box.
- Official sharing buttons options added to Northeme > Post Sharing & Social Media. If activated, official sharing buttons will appear instead of icons
- Font Awesome updated to the latest (V4.6.3)
- Image DB queries reduced for better performance
- Breadcrumbs duplicate fix
- Password protected page fixes
- Input placeholder text color CSS fix
- Minor responsive CSS fixes for grid layout
V2.1.1 - May 16th, 2016
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > “Disable Auto-Generated Thumbnails” option added. Activate if you’re using Amazon S3 or cloud for WP media library and having trouble performance issues with page loading. Otherwise, leave it deactivated.
- Northeme > POST TYPE > “Disable Category Filter“ added to hide categories on posts listing page (blog, portfolio, shop etc.) individually.
- Demo installer / importer improvements
- Minor CSS fixes
V2.1 - May 13th, 2016
- (NEW) “Center Row“ option added to each item in Composition. Can be used with smaller column types to align center.
- Ajax Navigation feature added. Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Navigation Type (Not recommended to use with Woocommerce and Slider Revolution)
- Load More button (pagination type, Northeme > POST TYPE > Pagination) improvements and fixes. Spinning icon added on load.
- Woocommerce hide tags on product page option added. Northeme > Shop > Tags
- Single post page bottom and footer widgets minor padding issues fixed
- Minor bug fixes under the hood
V2.0.2 - May 6th, 2016
- Post types category grid page alignment fix
- Team members alignment fix
- Custom Post Types trailing slash fix
V2.0.1 - May 5th, 2016
- Grid layout placement fix for category navigation
- Post Name field added to Northeme > Create New Post type to define a post name will be used for back-end
- Standard menu filter option fix for mobile (automatically switch back to folded menu on mobile)
- Search page title and search field fix
- Safari fix for browser back button issue with loading bar
- Lazyload fix
- Minor demo importer fix
V2.0 - May 2nd, 2016
Please read this post for more information
- Visual Composer, premium drag&drop page builder plugin included
- Slider Revolution, premium slider plugin included
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Standard Category Filter to list menus as a horizontal menu.
- New single portfolio / CPT layout : 2 columns. Northeme > Portfolio > Layout
- QuickStart guide simplified and setup wizard has been removed. Instead Product Registration, installation and activation of recommended and required plugins, live demo install section provided. Additionally Theme Requirements page added you to make sure that your hosting meets the theme requirements.
- Theme options panel design changed in order to incorporate theme options with WP Dashboard. Folded sections removed and all sections listed on the menu for better accessibility.
- Custom Post Types section removed. Instead each post type settings can be changed on Northeme > POST TYPE NAME (E.g. Portfolio). Create New Post Type menu added right below post types.
- Grid layout : Transparency effect added (can be changed per post type ; Northeme > POST TYPE - Portfolio, Blog etc. -)
- Grid post info below thumbnail with BG option added along with Overlay, Below Thumbnail options at Northeme > POST TYPE.
- Grid layout presets added : Small, Medium, Large, Portrait, Square, Masonry. These are default templates that comes with fresh theme installation and can be modified.
- Northeme > Website Layout > Responsive Layout options added to hide related posts and footer widgets on mobile.
- Northeme > Website Layout > Footer Widgets : Disable option added.
- Northeme > POST TYPE > Disable Comments and Disable Sharing options provided to disable these items for specific post type.
- Category Filter font styling at Northeme > Font Styling
- Basic Advanced mode removed from theme options panel (all options are visible by default).
- Navigation Arrows BG Color option added to Northeme > Built-in Sliders in order to increase the visibility of built-in slider navigation arrows.
- Lightbox Vertical Fit option replaced with Image Fit option (except madrigal)
- Retina display image quality option moved to Northeme > Website Layout section.
- Social icons set to have specific width in order to maintain consistency.
- Add custom social icon image button removed due to alignment issues (Icons already added won't be affected)
- Theme switch and get involved sections removed from theme options.
- Recommended / required plugin installation section added. It can be accessed at Appearance > Install Plugins.
- BG Size option added to Northeme > Skins & Colors menu to set BG image as cover.
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Disable Ajax Add to Cart option added to disable ajax function for WooCommerce add to cart button
- For Legacy Theme users : data converting tool automated for seamless integration and doesn’t require any action.
- Shortcode button removed from visual editor panel
- Woocommerce 2.5.2 fix
- Lots of improvements & fixes under the hood
Performance & Better usability (Back-end & Front-End) :
- Built-in Sliders feature has been removed from theme options panel and moved under Sliders menu on WP dashboard for better performance.
- Documentation removed from theme framework. It can be accessed over northeme.com by single click from theme options.
- Thumbnail re-generation has been automated. Grid layout templates created at Northeme > Grid Layout Templates will not cause creating unnecessary thumbnails. Thumbnails will be automatically created on-fly when a grid layout is being used.
- Masonry replaced with Isotope script for animated category filter.
- All single post images automatically get resized in order to serve optimized images.
- Lazy load plugin implemented for faster page loading
- Custom Post Types section removed and Add New Post Type section added instead. Each post type slug can be managed under corresponding post type’s menu at Northeme.
- Draggable popups for skins & layout spacing removed due to performance issues.
- Visual editors disabled for captions and turn into standard text due to performance issues.
- Regenerate Thumbnails function removed from theme framework.
- Several unnecessary scripts removed from back-end and all back-end optimized to boost performance.
Page Settings panel
Page Settings panel added to pages and posts. Page Settings panel offers variety of options to make changes on pages individually : Custom logo and custom logo URL, Custom BG image, Disable Footer Widgets, Remove Title / Header, Hero Slider settings.
Post Settings panel
Post Settings tab will appear in Page Settings panel if you add / edit a post. It allows to disable certain elements like Title, Categories, Sharing buttons. Additionally, post layout can be changed for a specific post (if applicable for the theme)
- Single column blog listing page displays featured image for Standard blog format if it’s set.
- Sidebar option added to Blog page template at Pages. Sidebar can be set as display on listing page, single post page or both.
- Composition Panel : Global Padding options added to adjust the gap between elements. You may also use No Padding.
- Composition Panel : Global Lightbox switch added to activate lightbox for all images.
- Composition Panel : Half with option replaced with Column option for elements. Now you can set an element as single column, half column, 1/3, 2/3 or 1/4 wide to create custom grids.
- Post Settings tab will appear in Page Settings panel. Hide Items allows to remove specific elements such Title, Categories, social sharing buttons etc. Also Layout Type option allows to override global settings of theme options panel and use single or two column layout for a specific post.
- External URL option moved to Page Settings Panel
Ajax navigation has been removed due to performance and incompatibility issues with plugins. Instead loading bar, smooth navigation options added to Northeme > Website Layout. Also category navigation on post listing page is being done on-fly, without loading new scripts / pages if post limit set as Unlimited.
Deprecated Templates :
Since Visual Composer incorporated into the themes, some page templates have become deprecated : Home Template, About / Contact Template, Gallery Template, Full Width Template.
V1.0.5 - February 27th, 2016
V1.0.4 - January 19th, 2016
- Woocommerce V2.5 compatibility fixes
- Lightbox fix for single product image (Woocommerce)
- Mobile styling fixes (padding and gallery issues)
- Font Awesome updated to V4.5
- Excerpt styling fix
- Admin panel font reverted to default, Open Sans, due to non-latin character issues.
V1.0.3 - January 12th, 2016
- Lightbox BG and text color change according to current page’s color settings.
- Google Analytics for ajax navigation. Page views being pushed to Google Analytics even ajax navigation activated.
- Minor HTML5 validation fixes
- Admin panel font fix. Using Open Sans for non-english languages
- Theme Options panel fix for Firefox.
V1.0.2 - December 8th, 2015
- Layout improvements : fluid instead of fixed width for better compatibility with mobile & tablet devices
- Mobile layout vertical negative space adjustments
- Gallery height fix for mobile
V1.0.1 - December 4th, 2015
- Minor cross browser styling fixes
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
V1.0 - December 3rd, 2015