V2.1.2 - May 17th, 2016
- Bottom editor added to Blog and Portfolio page templates (To display content after posts list.)
- Category filter visibility fix on category / taxonomy pages
- Back to top button visibility fix on mobile
V2.1.1 - May 16th, 2016
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > “Disable Auto-Generated Thumbnails” option added. Activate if you’re using Amazon S3 or cloud for WP media library and having trouble performance issues with page loading. Otherwise, leave it deactivated.
- Northeme > POST TYPE > “Disable Category Filter“ added to hide categories on posts listing page (blog, portfolio, shop etc.) individually.
- Demo installer / importer improvements
- Minor CSS fixes
V2.1 - May 13th, 2016
- (NEW) “Center Row“ option added to each item in Composition. Can be used with smaller column types to align center.
- Random Ordering option added to BG Slider template
- Ajax Navigation feature added. Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Navigation Type (Not recommended to use with Woocommerce and Slider Revolution)
- Load More button (pagination type, Northeme > POST TYPE > Pagination) improvements and fixes. Spinning icon added on load.
- Category filter improved for sub categories. Available sub categories will appear in a dropdown menu on hover.
- Woocommerce hide tags on product page option added. Northeme > Shop > Tags
- Single post page bottom and footer widgets minor padding issues fixed
- Minor bug fixes under the hood
V2.0.2 - May 6th, 2016
- Post types category grid page alignment fix
- Team members alignment fix
- Custom Post Types trailing slash fix
V2.0.1 - May 5th, 2016
- Grid layout placement fix for category navigation
- Footer widgets alignment and visibility fix
- Post Name field added to Northeme > Create New Post type to define a post name will be used for back-end
- Search page doubled header fix
- Cart icon alignment fix for mobile
- Safari fix for browser back button issue with loading bar- Demo importer fix
- Lazy load fix
V2.0 - May 2nd, 2016
Please read this post for more information
- Visual Composer, premium drag&drop page builder plugin included
- Slider Revolution, premium slider plugin included
- BG slider has been removed from Northeme > Sliders > BG Sliders. Now BG sliders can be managed on through BG Slider panel on add / edit page if BG Slider template selected. Also Slider Revolution can be used instead of BG Slider.
- BG Slider Hide Navigation on First Load option added.
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Full Width Layout - Single Row menu option allows to display navigation menu, search icon on the same row.
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Hide Tagline on Mobile option added.
- Footer alignment fix
- QuickStart guide simplified and setup wizard has been removed. Instead Product Registration, installation and activation of recommended and required plugins, live demo install section provided. Additionally Theme Requirements page added you to make sure that your hosting meets the theme requirements.
- Theme options panel design changed in order to incorporate theme options with WP Dashboard. Folded sections removed and all sections listed on the menu for better accessibility.
- Custom Post Types section removed. Instead each post type settings can be changed on Northeme > POST TYPE NAME (E.g. Portfolio). Create New Post Type menu added right below post types.
- Grid layout : Transparency effect added (can be changed per post type ; Northeme > POST TYPE - Portfolio, Blog etc. -)
- Grid post info below thumbnail with BG option added along with Overlay, Below Thumbnail options at Northeme > POST TYPE.
- Grid layout presets added : Small, Medium, Large, Portrait, Square, Masonry. These are default templates that comes with fresh theme installation and can be modified.
- Northeme > Website Layout > Responsive Layout options added to hide related posts and footer widgets on mobile.
- Northeme > Website Layout > Footer Widgets : Disable option added.
- Northeme > POST TYPE > Disable Comments and Disable Sharing options provided to disable these items for specific post type.
- Category Filter font styling at Northeme > Font Styling
- Basic Advanced mode removed from theme options panel (all options are visible by default).
- Navigation Arrows BG Color option added to Northeme > Built-in Sliders in order to increase the visibility of built-in slider navigation arrows.
- Lightbox Vertical Fit option replaced with Image Fit option (except madrigal)
- Retina display image quality option moved to Northeme > Website Layout section.
- Social icons set to have specific width in order to maintain consistency.
- Add custom social icon image button removed due to alignment issues (Icons already added won't be affected)
- Theme switch and get involved sections removed from theme options.
- Recommended / required plugin installation section added. It can be accessed at Appearance > Install Plugins.
- BG Size option added to Northeme > Skins & Colors menu to set BG image as cover.
- Northeme > Layout > Website Layout > Disable Ajax Add to Cart option added to disable ajax function for WooCommerce add to cart button
- For Legacy Theme users : data converting tool automated for seamless integration and doesn’t require any action.
- Northeme & theme credits removed from footer (yay!)
- Shortcode button removed from visual editor panel
- Woocommerce 2.5.2 fix
- Lots of improvements & fixes under the hood
Performance & Better usability (Back-end & Front-End) :
- Built-in Sliders feature has been removed from theme options panel and moved under Sliders menu on WP dashboard for better performance.
- Documentation removed from theme framework. It can be accessed over northeme.com by single click from theme options.
- Thumbnail re-generation has been automated. Grid layout templates created at Northeme > Grid Layout Templates will not cause creating unnecessary thumbnails. Thumbnails will be automatically created on-fly when a grid layout is being used.
- Masonry replaced with Isotope script for animated category filter.
- All single post images automatically get resized in order to serve optimized images.
- Lazy load plugin implemented for faster page loading
- Custom Post Types section removed and Add New Post Type section added instead. Each post type slug can be managed under corresponding post type’s menu at Northeme.
- Draggable popups for skins & layout spacing removed due to performance issues.
- Visual editors disabled for captions and turn into standard text due to performance issues.
- Regenerate Thumbnails function removed from theme framework.
- Several unnecessary scripts removed from back-end and all back-end optimized to boost performance.
Page Settings panel
Page Settings panel added to pages and posts. Page Settings panel offers variety of options to make changes on pages individually : Custom logo and custom logo URL, Custom BG image, Disable Footer Widgets, Remove Title / Header, Hero Slider settings.
Post Settings panel
Post Settings tab will appear in Page Settings panel if you add / edit a post. It allows to disable certain elements like Title, Categories, Sharing buttons. Additionally, post layout can be changed for a specific post (if applicable for the theme)
- Single column blog listing page displays featured image for Standard blog format if it’s set.
- Sidebar option added to Blog page template at Pages. Sidebar can be set as display on listing page, single post page or both.
- Composition Panel : Global Padding options added to adjust the gap between elements. You may also use No Padding.
- Composition Panel : Global Lightbox switch added to activate lightbox for all images.
- Composition Panel : Half with option replaced with Column option for elements. Now you can set an element as single column, half column, 1/3, 2/3 or 1/4 wide to create custom grids.
- Post Settings tab will appear in Page Settings panel. Hide Items allows to remove specific elements such Title, Categories, social sharing buttons etc. Also Layout Type option allows to override global settings of theme options panel and use single or two column layout for a specific post.
- External URL option moved to Page Settings Panel
Ajax navigation has been removed due to performance and incompatibility issues with plugins. Instead loading bar, smooth navigation options added to Northeme > Website Layout. Also category navigation on post listing page is being done on-fly, without loading new scripts / pages if post limit set as Unlimited.
Deprecated Templates :
Since Visual Composer incorporated into the themes, some page templates have become deprecated : Home Template, About / Contact Template, Gallery Template, Full Width Template.
V1.4.2 - February 27th, 2016
V1.4.1 - January 19th, 2016
- Woocommerce V2.5 compatibility fixes
- Lightbox fix for single product image (Woocommerce)
- Excerpt styling fix
- Minor styling fixes
V1.4 - January 15th, 2016
V1.3.9 - January 12th, 2016
- Mobile styling fixes (padding and gallery issues)
- Font Awesome icon library updated to V4.5 (can be used via icon shortcodes)
- Admin panel font reverted to default, Open Sans, due to non-latin character issues.
- Home template bottom visual editor fix.
- Clicking on logo resets / hides all sub menus on left menu navigation.
- Tagline accepts shortcodes
- Google Analytics for ajax navigation. Page views being pushed to Google Analytics even ajax navigation activated.
- Admin panel font fix. Using Open Sans for non-english languages
- Theme Options panel fix for Firefox.
V1.3.8 - December 18th, 2015
- Floating sidebar fix for single product page
- Disable Floating Product Sidebar option at Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout
- Excerpt fix for html tags
- Minor HTML tag fixes for W3 validation
V1.3.7 - December 8th, 2015
- Layout improvements : fluid instead of fixed width for better compatibility with mobile & tablet devices
- Post ordering options updated : Order by date (ascending), Order by date (descending) at “Post Type > Re-order”
- Gallery height fix for mobile
- Content wrapper shortcode fix
V1.3.6 - December 3rd, 2015
- New shortcode : Content Wrapper. See more information at Northeme > Help > Improve Content > Shortcode
- New option for social icons : Below Left menu. Northeme > Appearance > Social Icons > Social Links Location
- New option for Maintenance Mode : Pass key. IPlist option removed and Pass Key option added instead. Set a pass key for creating special URL to access website even maintenance activated
- “Slider” element added to the Composition of single posts
- Minor bug fixes
V1.3.5 - November 19th, 2015
- "Load more" pagination fix
- Shortcode / text editor fix
V1.3.4 - November 18th, 2015
- Woocommerce compatibility fix (for V2.5)
- Slider animation & transition speed fix
- Minor script and styling fixes
V1.3.3 - November 5th, 2015
- Custom Fields update for Single Custom Post Type Posts. New fields can be added and fields can be reordered.
- Grid layout tablet viewport fix (Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout > Grid Layout on Tablet)
- Minor bug fixes
V1.3.2 - November 1st, 2015
- New : WPML support & WPML shortcodes. More info at Northeme > Help > Translation / Localization
- New : Grid layout automatically drops to 2 columns on tablet regardless grid layout preset settings. Can be disabled at Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout > Grid Layout on Tablet
- New : Northeme > Appearance > Posts & Grid Layout > POST TYPE > Visual Editor Alignment. Three options provided as Default, Below Composition or Above Composition. Text editor content can be shown on left column even it’s set to display two columns.
- Remove title option for Add / Edit Page at Pages, now allows to hide entire page header or hide page title only
- Excerpt fix for password protected pages. Full excerpt is being displayed for password protected posts and “protected:” removed from title on posts list.
- CPT Composition text field fix for shortcodes.
- Theme documentation updated
- Other minor fixes under the hood
V1.3.1 - October 26th, 2015
- Loading Bar options added and can be found at Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout > Loading Bar. It can be set to display bar only, bar + spinner or disabled.
- “Category“ row added to Custom Post Type’s Post List page on admin dashboard
- Related Posts title font styling fixed. Check Related Posts title size at Northeme > Appearance > Skins & Fonts > Font Styling
- Sticky menu / ajax nav issues fixed
- Mobile menu alignment fixes
- Search & Tag page pagination fix
- Minor theme framework bugs fixed
V1.3 - October 8th, 2015
- New Feature : Auto Setup. QuickStart Guide process rearranged and improved. Auto Setup option added in order to setup the theme with default settings.
- New Option : Northeme > Website Layout > Show only main categories. If activated, only main categories will be listed in category list on post overview page.
- New Option : Northeme > Skins & Fonts > Font Size & Styling > Mobile Menu Items. Mobile menu font size and styling can be changed
- Basic & Advanced modes added back to theme framework. Advanced sections rearranged to make easier to use theme options.
- Mobile menu custom icon alignment fix
- Other minor bug fixes
V1.2.2 - September 21st, 2015
- New feature : Order by post title option added to POST TYPE > Re-order. Posts can be re-ordered by date, title or custom ordering.
- Mobile back to top bar BG & text color options at Northeme > Appearance > Skins & Fonts > Skins
- Theme options basic / advanced buttons removed and all options revealed
- About template “team member” multiple column inconsistencies fixed
- Other minor bug fixes under the hood
V1.2.1 - September 8th, 2015
- “Display as gallery“ option removed for single custom post Composition panel. Instead, new option list added : default, gallery w/ lightbox, gallery w/o lightbox, slider w/lightbox, slider w/o lightbox.
- Maintenance “IP list” option to override maintenance screen for specific IPs
- Single Row option for custom fields at Northeme > Appearance > Posts & Grid Layout > POST TYPE
- Display slider captions on hover option fixed
- Hide slide timer bar (loading bar) remove option added
- Main navigation menu fixes for ajax navigation
- Minor bug fixes
V1.2 - August 25th, 2015
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE UPDATING
- NEW : Complete ajax navigation feature. Main navigation, grid layout, post navigation and pagination load pages via ajax. Can be disabled at Northeme > Appearance > General Settings
- NEW : Built-in SEO manager. Each post, page and category SEO title, keywords and description can be set on add / edit page. Disable at Northeme > Appearance > General Settings > Seo Settings
- NEW : Video.js video player implemented and replaced with default WP video shortcodes due to browser & ajax compatibilities.
- NEW : BG slider upload custom logo option added.
- NEW : Disable page header individually. Remove Title option in Page Attributes box on add / edit page,
- NEW : Custom Fields added to custom post types. Each post custom fields managed on add / edit post page. Adjust its settings at Northeme > Appearance > Posts > “Post Type” > Custom Fields
- Gallery captions moved to beneath images (between current slide and thumbnails) instead of overlay.
- Category ordering fix for Category listing page.
- Composition multiple image upload ordering fix.
- Masonry positioning fix at first initialize
- Ajax load option for button shortcodes
- Custom post type tag page fix.
V1.1.5 - August 14th, 2015
- BG Slider template new option added : Hide header & menu (on Add / Edit Page)
- Bg Slider (Add / Edit page) Display Footer option added to show footer text or social icons on BG slider page (or disable both).
- Grid layout “overlay” option added for tablet & mobile. Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout > Grid Layout “overlay”
- Disable sticky / floating menu and CPT sidebar option added to Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout
- "Half Size" option on CPT Composition automatically switches to full width on mobile and tablet
- Theme options / Framework lightbox confirm boxes replaced with native JS funcs to fix conflicts
- Theme options color selector field fix
- Theme documentation added to theme folder in order to ensure Northeme > Help is always active and prevent multiple queries
V1.1.4 - August 5th, 2015
- Slider / Gallery and Composition section image caption fields replaced with content editor in order to make easier to add URLs and adjust styling.
IMPORTANT : This update may affect line breaks of currentcaptions since content editor adds line breaks automatically. Please check your captions if you use multiple rows.
- Shortcode gallery / slider top and bottom margin fix (set as none).
- Top and Bottom margin options added to shortcode slider popup (access through :N shortcode button on content editor panel)
- "Hide Title on Post Navigation" option added for disabling navigation arrow titles on single post pages (Northeme > Appearance > Posts > Post Type)
- Font Awesome icon font library updated to V4.4
- * Upcoming WordPress version 4.3 compatibility fixes
- * Upcoming Woocommerce 2.4 compatibility fixes
* WordPress and Woocommerce updates will be released this month
V1.1.3 - July 30th, 2015
- Gallery BG color (only gallery mode) : Northeme > Appearance > Built-in Plugins > Slider & Gallery Settings > BG Color
- Gallery height / position fix
- Post navigation "post title" issue fix
- BG Slider video form fix
- Category Re-order fix
- Minor styling fixes
V1.1.2 - July 26th, 2015
- Column shortcodes : column alignment improvements. Position option removed for easier use.
- Button shortcodes : border option added
- Blog gallery format fix for grid layout. Gallery format posts will display thumbnail instead of gallery on grid layout (fixed due to size inconsistencies).
- Northeme Options panel styling fix
- Styling fixes for slider
- Minor fixes and improvements
V1.1.1 - July 16th, 2015
- Northeme > Appearance > Post Type (CPT only) > Show Visual Editor Content Below. This option allows to display visual editor content below Composition.
- Slider vertical image alignment fix
- Masonry infinite scroll loading improvements : adding more content with fade in effect
- Thumbnail hover fix for infinite scroll
- Minor bug fixes and improvements under the hood
V1.1 - July 10th, 2015
- Options Panel Update : Appearance and Settings sections merged at Northeme > Appearance to access all options in one place. UI design changes made for compact look. (Menu order hasn’t been changed)
- Appearance, Sliders, Help menus added to dashboard Northeme menu for quick access to help and sliders.
- Northeme menu added to top admin toolbar
- Northeme > Theme menu renamed as Northeme > Update.
- Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout > Layout Padding : section border bottom option added
- Disable lightbox option added to Slider / Gallery manager. By default lightbox is activated for sliders. Activate this option to disable lightbox for a slider.
- Slider caption / alt tag fixes for lightbox.
- Northeme > Appearance > Website Layout > Narrow layout (Reframe backward compatibility)
- Header and footer icon alignment fixes
- Blog two columns excerpt fix : excerpt and read more button will show up on sidebar if two columns mode activated and post format is other than standard
- Northeme > Appearance > Branding > Logo URL option added
- Main menu active menu font changed as default instead of bold due to positioning glitch / issues on active / hover. (color changes, bold or regular font settings can be made at Skins & Fonts section)
- QuickStart guide and legacy product upgrade features improved
V1.0 - July 5th, 2015